Announcement ceremony of establishing and launching research groups of Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City. 29-12-2021
On December 29, 2021, Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City held a "Annoncement Ceremony of establishing and launching research groups of IUH."
Attendees at the announcement ceremony were Prof. Dr. Lê Văn Tán – Vice Rector; Assoc. Dr. Đàm Sao Mai – Vice Rector along with the head of the unit and the head of the research team.
Speaking at the ceremony, Prof. Dr. Lê Văn Tán said: The formation of the research group is very urgent, based on the objectives of the Ministry of Education and Training, National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED). With the available strengths of IUH's science research capacity, especially biochemistry - Biochemistry - Energy, strong research groups and potential research groups should lead research activities at the university. This not only enhances the number of high-quality international publications and useful solutions, but also enhances the ability to integrate internationally, improves the quality of higher education, postgraduate training and university rankings according to the university's international standards.
In 2021, Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City has 15 group applications, after the Advisory Council Meeting, 11 groups met the requirements. At the ceremony, Master Bùi Đình Tiền – Deputy Head of Science Management and International Affair announced the decision to establish 4 strong research groups and 7 potential research groups.
A strong research team consists of:
- Applied Biotechnology Research Group – Team leader: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Đàm Sao Mai
- Natural Products Research Group applied in biotechnology and food – Team leader: Prof.Dr. Trần Đình Thắng
- Green Solutions Application Research Group – Team Leader: Prof.Dr. Lê Hùng Anh
- Sustainable environmental research group – Team leader: Dr. Nguyen Thanh Binh
Potential research groups include:
- AI application and new materials technology in construction – Team Leader: Dr. Nguyễn Bá Phú
- Advanced Materials and Application Research Group – Team Leader: Dr. Võ Thế Kỳ
- Polymer and Application Materials Research Group - Team Leader: Dr. Cao Xuân Thắng
- Pharmaceutical Organic Synthesis Research Group – Team Leader: Dr. Trần Nguyễn Minh Ân
- Photovoltaic Equipment and Materials Group - Team Leader: Dr. Đặng Hữu Phúc
- Intelligent System Research Group - Team Leader: Dr. Nguyễn Ngọc Sơn
- Electrical System Research Group - Team Leader: Dr. Lê Văn Đại.
On behalf of the research groups, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Đàm Sao Mai - Head of The Strong Research Group in Applied Biotechnology thanked the University for trusting and facilitating the establishment of research groups. IUH’s concern is both a motivation, and also a responsibility for the groups to lead the research movement and create more quality works.