Philosophy of education of Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City 31-12-2017
1. Statement of philosophy of education of Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City (IUH)
Quality, Sustainable Development, International Integration
2. The meaning of IUH’s philosophy of education
The educational philosophy of Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City has been developed and inherited from the management process based on the ISO standards since 2002. It is the guiding principle for all IUH's activities in order to meet the mission, vision and quality policy of IUH.
Applying the philosophy of education "Quality, Sustainable Development, International Integration", IUH not only provides students with advanced, high quality and suitable training programs which are aligned with the international trend, but also creates favorable conditions for students to develop their potentials. IUH focuses on fostering students with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the mounting demands of the society and also enhancing students’ self-study, research and learning attitude for lifelong learning. This will help students improve themselves and develop their creative potentials and integration skills in order to adapt to the new age of technological development.
3. The contents of IUH’s philosophy of education
- Quality is a concept that demonstrates the ability to satisfy the stakeholders’ needs in relation to the training and research activities of the university. The quality of an educational institution is evaluated from the viewpoints of students and employers. IUH uses quality as a measurable tool to satisfy the university’s stakeholders.
- Sustainable development is the development to meet the needs of all stakeholders not only at the present time but also in the future, linked to graduates’ career and social needs. Sustainable development is related to the vision of the training institutions and the competences and qualities of the learners in the studying and working process before and after graduation.
- International integration is the ability to work and study towards the current development trend of the workforce and to be evaluated by regional and international standards. International integration is also reflected in the fact that the university's training programs and graduates are recognized by international accreditation bodies and are accepted by relevant universities in the region and around the world.